- Back-End Developer (m/f/d)
Back-End Developer (m/f/d)
The Software Development (SD) team writes the software that provides a platform that connects candidates with hotels, restaurants and tourism businesses and vice versa. The hospitality industry has almost 300 Million employees around the world, which makes recruiting one of its biggest challenge. To satisfy the demand of this giant industry, we are a dynamic, highly iterative community responsible for how our users and customers experience the product.
We are seeking a software engineer with demonstrable experience developing back-end applications. Our current back-end web applications are written in: PHP, Python, NodeJS, CodeIgniter, Laravel, and MySQL, but we don’t require experience in all these languages and frameworks, as long as you possess core competences in PHP and MySQL. Are you comfortable tackling new problems and innovating solutions in an agile environment? Do you care deeply about robust and scalable backend architectures? Do you consider yourself careful, motivated, and able to take ownership of the applications you build? If this sounds like you, you can help us to get to the next level!
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and take ownership of core features of the product
- Resolve technical issues related to the product
- Work on interesting data problems and scalability bottlenecks
- Identify architectural improvements, plan zero-downtime maintenance
- Improve our productivity using continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing, etc.
- Collaborate in hocaboo’s smart, fast-paced, and growing engineering team
- Bring in your own ideas regarding architecture, design approaches and tools to leverage
- Help shape and grow not only the code base, but also the hocaboo engineering culture
- 3+ years of experience in back-end development
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Excellent programming skills and deeper understanding of PHP and SQL
- Experience in writing applications in NodeJS and/or Python, as well as using NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in working with Laravel, CodeIgniter, or other frameworks
- Deep understanding of Web Services, Microservices, API’s and REST architectures
- Familiarity with Git, as well as some issue tracking software such as JIRA, Redmine, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud environments such as AWS or GCP
- Familiarity with container tools like Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps
- Completed projects that show off your programming skills, whether on GitHub, through a coding school or individual passion projects that you can use to showcase your skills
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum methodologies
- Eagerness to use best practices and stay up to date with current trends and patterns
- Experience in working in a (small) team of developers
- Friendly team player with the desire to learn new things
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and a strong commitment to deliver and results oriented focus
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- A good sense of humor, and who knows how to have a bit of fun along the way!
Want to join?
Then write us an email and send us your application. Here's a checklist of things you should attach or include, as well as a couple of questions you should answer:
- Your CV attached as .pdf
- Other documents attached as .pdf that help your application
- Additional links added that help your application
Questions to answer
- Who is the person behind that application (tell us a little something about yourself)?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you expect to gain from this job?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years (career wise)?
- Why do you think we should hire you?