- Head of Software Development (m/f/d)
Head of Software Development (m/f/d)
The Software Development (SD) team writes the software that provides a platform that connects candidates with hotels, restaurants and tourism businesses and vice versa. The hospitality industry has almost 300 Million employees around the world, which makes recruiting one of its biggest challenge. To satisfy the demand of this giant industry, we are a dynamic, highly iterative community responsible for how our users and customers experience the product.
- Leadership and management of the development team across several disciplines (iOS, Android, Web, Backend, DevOps, and QA)
- Play a pivotal role in inspiring and motivating everyone in the software development team to be the best they can be and assist in prioritization and manage effectively the delivery of the IT software development projects
- Identify and manage milestones and sprints based on feature requests from both consumers and colleagues
- Help us to ship new features in a fast and agile environment
- Ensure our product is robust and its architecture scalable
- Ensure our team and product uses best practices and standardized approaches, such as continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated testing
- Communicate clearly and effectively about technical and non-technical subjects to individuals within IT and across the business
- Experience in managing software development teams and working as a leader
- 5+ years of experience developing across a full-stack: Web, Front-End, Back-End, Mobile, and DevOps
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of application architectures and proficiency in building complex applications from scratch
- Bias towards best practices, modularity, and Microservices
- Knowledge of how web servers operate on a low-level
- Familiar with web protocols, developing APIs, scaling web applications
- Ability to increase performance and diagnose problems
- Demonstrated usage of different testing patterns, continuous integration and delivery processes, build deployment systems, continuous monitoring, etc.
- Up to date with current trends, patterns, goings-on in the world of software development as it changes rapidly, as well as strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and applying them in the real-world
- Ability to think strategically, establish clear direction and implementing plans to delivered within a fast paced environment
- Self-driven, motivated, and with a strong commitment to deliver and results oriented focus
- Ability to remain a calm and reassuring influence in a dynamic project driven environment
- A friendly and good team player, yet willing to take personal responsibility for resolution of issues
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum methodologies
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- A good sense of humor, and who knows how to have a bit of fun along the way!
Want to join?
Then write us an email and send us your application. Here's a checklist of things you should attach or include, as well as a couple of questions you should answer:
- Your CV attached as .pdf
- Other documents attached as .pdf that help your application
- Additional links added that help your application
Questions to answer
- Who is the person behind that application (tell us a little something about yourself)?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you expect to gain from this job?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years (career wise)?
- Why do you think we should hire you?