- Mobile Developer (m/f/d)
Mobile Developer (m/f/d)
The Software Development (SD) team writes the software that provides a platform that connects candidates with hotels, restaurants and tourism businesses and vice versa. The hospitality industry has almost 300 Million employees around the world, which makes recruiting one of its biggest challenge. To satisfy the demand of this giant industry, we are a dynamic, highly iterative community responsible for how our users and customers experience the product.
We are seeking a software engineer with demonstrable experience developing mobile applications. Our current mobile applications are written in: React Native, Swift, Objective-C, and Java, but we don’t require experience in all these languages and frameworks, as long as you possess core competences in React Native and mobile development. Are you comfortable tackling new problems and innovating solutions in an agile environment? Do you care deeply about UX and UI? Do you consider yourself careful, motivated, and able to take ownership of the applications you build? If this sounds like you, you can help us to get to the next level!
- Work on our consumer facing mobile applications for iOS and Android and enhance both functionality and UX
- Resolve technical issues related to the product
- Collaborate in hocaboo’s smart, fast-paced, and growing engineering team
- Improve our productivity using continuous integration, continuous delivery, automated testing, etc.
- Bring in your own ideas regarding product features, UX, and UI
- Help shape and grow not only the code base, but also the hocaboo engineering culture
- 2+ years of experience in mobile development
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in writing mobile applications with React Native, Appcelerator Titanium, or other cross platform frameworks
- Familiarity with Git, as well as some issue tracking software such as JIRA, Redmine, etc.
- Completed projects that show off your programming skills, whether on GitHub, through a coding school or individual passion projects that you can use to showcase your skills
- Experience with Agile Development and Scrum methodologies
- Eagerness to use best practices and stay up to date with current trends and patterns
- Experience in working in a (small) team of developers
- Friendly team player with the desire to learn new things
- Self-driven, highly motivated, and a strong commitment to deliver and results oriented focus
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- A good sense of humor, and who knows how to have a bit of fun along the way!
Want to join?
Then write us an email and send us your application. Here's a checklist of things you should attach or include, as well as a couple of questions you should answer:
- Your CV attached as .pdf
- Other documents attached as .pdf that help your application
- Additional links added that help your application
Questions to answer
- Who is the person behind that application (tell us a little something about yourself)?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What do you expect to gain from this job?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years (career wise)?
- Why do you think we should hire you?